Sunday, July 1, 2007

Philiosophy of Education

What
A Philosophy of Education is a tool that all professional teachers should create. When a college student prepares to become a teacher they will be required to develop a philosophy of education after learning about children and how to meet their needs. Based on research there are different views in how a teacher manages the learning that goes on in the classroom. The philosophy of education helps students and parents understand how the teacher views learning and developing into a successful student.

So What
I created a philosophy of education in my last year in my undergraduate studies. At the time, it was appropriate for me as a new teacher. Now that I have a few years of experience I feel as though I should expand on my old philosophy and use what I have learned in my graduate studies to develop a more professional and accurate display of my views.

Now What
I will continue to update my philosophy as I develop my skills as a successful teacher and a librarian. I will also share my points of view with my colleagues, students and their parents.

No comments: