Sunday, July 1, 2007

My Scores on my Rubric

I have created a rubric for the class I am taking and will use the rubric to grade my progress in the class.

Here is my rubric: http://www.rcampus.com/rubricshowc.cfm?code=J6X92&sp=true&nocache=1182993671712


Final Educational Technology Philosophy 10 I spent some time developing my philosophy of education and feel as though I was successful in updating and adding to what I developed several years ago. I added a section on how I incorporate technology in the classroom.

Artifacts/evidence of the technologies/projects you've created with reflections/statements 9.5 I took off half a point here. I learned many new things this semester that I feel improved my ability to be a successful librarian. However, I did not take the time to write a reflection for each artifact that was developed in this course. The reflections can be seen on my blog (the three posts before this one).

Empirically-based research supporting the utilization/effectiveness of particular technology per each artifact. 9.5 I took off half a point here as well. I added a few articles that relate to what I have learned in the class. I did not add an article for each artifact. The three articles can be seen on my web page or eportfolio.

Blog link 10 I did not have a problem creating and personalizing my blog. I enjoyed this tool and feel as though it is a good tool for anyone to use.

Self-assessment 9 I took off a point on creating a rubric. Rubrics are great, but they can take a lot of time to make. So, I just took a rubric I found online and modified it. I have given credit to the original creator, though. I used my rubric to give myself a grade for this course.

My total: 48/50
I am not perfect. I did not reflect or find an article for every artifact that I created in this course(just three each). I also did not spend a great deal of time making a rubric. I learned many new objectives about technology, applied what I learned and now know a lot more about technology applications. I will take what I have learned and share it with those around me.

No comments: