Sunday, July 1, 2007

Electronic Portfolio

What
As a professional prepares to enter an interview for a job, they should have a collection of artifacts reflecting what they have learned in their studies. It is a growing trend to have a portfolio in an electronic format instead of a paper format. The artifacts can be viewed online through a webpage, blog, or other program supported by the internet. By having an electronic portfolio, the viewer understands your ability to manage a computer and also get to know more about you.

So What
I considered several options when I was asked to create an eportfolio. I tried a program that I had to subscribe to, I leared how to use my blog account as an eportfolio, but I found that creating a web page was the best option for me. I like the fact that I can incorporate my professional and personal life in one page. I can insert pictures and create links to various artifacts. A person viewing my web site can learn more about what I like to do in my free time, learn more about my studies, and view my resume.

Now What
I plan to add more to my web page. I am taking a class next month and will add what I have learned. I will also try to add my lesson plans and newsletters in the fall. It will be a challenge to maintain the website often. I will share what I have learned with my colleagues and the parents of my students.

No comments: