Sunday, July 1, 2007

Blog Reflection

What
Blogging is a great way for an individual to journal and share their lives with a particular audience. It is a free service and can be used privately or shared with others. The writer can edit or delete the posting as they choose. A person reading a blog can make a comment as well. Bloglines in a way for people to have access to their favorite people’s blog address. A blogline requires an additional free account. If a person wishes to share their lives with others by way of letter or email, blogging is a great and free tool for them to use.

So What
I signed up for a blog and blogline account as required by a class I am taking. It was easy to set up and easy to use. I am usually not the kind of person that likes to share my personal life with others through email or letters. I prefer to call or visit the person. I feel as though this is a great tool for those that are not able to visit or call on a regular basis.
I enjoyed reading other blogs that were created by my colleagues. Some students even added graphics and pictures to personalize their blogs.

Now What
I enjoyed learning how to set up and use a blog account. I feel as though I can share what I have learned with other teachers and students. Teachers can use a blog account as a way for students to develop their writing, reading, and technology skills. Although some schools may block access to blogs, the assignments can be used at home to earn extra credit for the class. As I have been looking for a web hosting company, I have learned that there are many places to set up a blog account.

No comments: